Coca-Cola Foundation Mobility Scholarships: Objective and Procedures
The objective of this program is to provide incremental opportunities for first generation students at all levels to participate in off campus programs of travel, education, and research of the Sam Nunn School of International Affairs. These are additional and supplemental to their degree seeking activities at Georgia Tech. First Generation students are underrepresented in overseas activities, networking pursuits, and career development, and these mobility scholarships will provide resources and opportunities for First Generation students to enhance their on campus education.
Definition of Qualifying Student:
• Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
• First Generation College Student as reflected by the student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form on file or updating an incomplete FAFSA form through Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
• 2.5 GPA and full time student as determined by submission of official transcript.
• Demonstrated financial need as determined by Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. All mobility grants are for additional experiences and activities beyond the costs of a Georgia Tech degree. As such, any student with established need can receive mobility scholarships without reducing their need for on campus educational costs.
1. Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship Tier 1: Up to $1000 for any qualifying Georgia Tech student from any major at both the graduate and undergraduate level to participate in off campus career development, professional development, and educational programs such as academic conferences within the United States.
2. Coca-Cola First Generation ScholarshipTier 2: Up to $3000 for any qualifying Georgia Tech student from any major at both the graduate and undergraduate level to participate in overseas activities such as internships, study abroad, exchange, and work abroad.
3. Coca-Cola Sam Nunn School Major First Generation Scholarship: Up to $8000 for qualifying INTA/IAML/EIA majors at both the undergraduate and graduate level to participate in activities that include San Nunn School-sponsored study abroad programs, work abroad, internships, exchange programs, and Washington DC career development program.
4. Coca-Cola Sam Nunn School Program First Generation Scholarship: Up to $5000 for any Georgia Tech qualifying student from any major at both the graduate and undergraduate level to participate in Sam Nunn School-sponsored study abroad programs and Washington DC career development program. For Summer 2018 any Georgia Tech qualifying student from any major can receive up to $4000 for the European Union Program, the Georgia Tech Argentina Summer Program, or the Southeast Asia Program.
For information on how to apply, visit:
For questions, contact Dr. Weber: firstname.lastname@example.org This program is generously supported by the Coca Cola Foundation. The director reserves the right to make any necessary changes.